Ok here goes a LONG series of pictures. I decided to break it down by each day. Friday Oct 10th we had to be at the airport by 4:30 AM and our first flight left at 6 AM. I guess I should set it up a little better. My whole family: Dad, Mom, Abe, Shantay, Sarah, Adelle, Ethan, Me, Ryker and Amelia were headed off to Virginia to surprise my Bompa (my grandpa) for his 80th birthday. Shaun booked a wedding months before this was planned, so he wasn't able to join us till Sunday. We had a long day of traveling but with a bag full of snacks and candy and lots of goofing around we made it.
Holy business I owe Abe and Shantay a HUGE thank you!!! They were such a great help. Ryker did great on the plane but Amelia not so much. She didn't scream they whole way but she was fussy and wouldn't sleep much!!! They help her and played with her and gave me a break.
Oh and ring pops help too.
The Dallas TX airport was awesome, it had a kids play area so my kids got their wiggles out between flights.

Then from Dallas we flew to Greensboro NC which is 2 1/2 hours from my grandparents. So all 10 of us loaded up into the big van and off we went to Virgina!!

3 comments:
Oh the joys of traveling with children. I tagged you. Looks like you had a great time.
What a fun trip! I don't miss not taking a diaper bag anymore...*snort* How neat that you could do that for your grandpa and his home is gorgeous!
Hugs,
Holly
seriously HOW FUN! Sarah told me all the funny stories about that trip.. going back east at this time would be so pretty and nice you guys are very lucky!
and that picture of your dad in the van cracks me up haha!
Post a Comment