Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Presidents Day!!! or should I say Happy Porters Day!!


All winter long we have talked about going to the snow. One time we had it planned but the snow melted so it was a no go. But Sunday evening I was talking with Amanda and I invited myself and Ryker to join in on the fun. Shaun had to work and my sweet sister watched Amelia ALL DAY - THANK YOU!!!!  When we first got up there I started putting on the snow gear, Ryker doesn't like the unknown and didn't like his snow clothes so of course tantrum city. Well once I got him dressed he was all smiles and didn't want to leave in the end.


All bundled up!! The weather was perfect, the snow was awesome!!!


Right away Ryker took off and started climbing a hill.


3 happy campers




Us and the Porters minus Lee, he was taking the picture. He was a great sport the whole time, pulling the kids up the hill in the tube, going down the hill first to make sure we would be safe =)


Out of the cold and all warm and cozy!! 

I'll admit I had so much fun. Going down the hill in the tube was a blast. I could have done it all day. Thanks again Porters for the ride and all the fun. If it snows in March I say we do it again!!!


So Sunday evening we saw that our water heater was leaking. Shauns dad came over and took a good look and said, "yup time for a new on"  So Monday after Shaun got home from work he called up Lee who had spend the day driving and in the snow and asked if he could help go get and install and new water heater. We OWE Lee huge for spending the rest of his evening installing this new bad boy.  What would we do without the Porters!!!!!! We love you guys!!!!!

And since we had to fork out almost $500 big ones for the darn thing above. I had to restrain myself from going and buying this movie that came out today!!!!!!! I've been waiting MONTHS for this movie and now I have to wait even longer =(  Hopefully someone will get it for my birthday next week!!!! Hint hint family!!! 


6 comments:

Chrystal said...

Hey,
I am glad you all had a good time and found some great snow. Maybe next year we can all be on the ball and caravn up. I think that would be a lot of fun! Ok, so I totally want to know what you are sewing and I want to copy you.
And I think it is crazy your water heater went out. I was just looking at mine thinking it isn't going to be long. And Lee has totally helped us before. We were soooo thankful!

Chrystal said...

Hey,
I am glad you all had a good time and found some great snow. Maybe next year we can all be on the ball and caravn up. I think that would be a lot of fun! Ok, so I totally want to know what you are sewing and I want to copy you.
And I think it is crazy your water heater went out. I was just looking at mine thinking it isn't going to be long. And Lee has totally helped us before. We were soooo thankful!

amanda p. said...

who are these porters? they seem pretty cool I might want to get to know them... you know just in case our water heater went out. oh wait ours already did! seriously that was one fun snow trip and the kids were troopers! I'm in for next time too and next time I'll bring the DVD player :)

Stephanie Evans said...

What fun times you are having!!! I'm jealous that you and Leanne have fun girl trips! And a trip to the snow.... what are you thinking?! Our snow has been melted for a few days and I have been LOVIN IT! :) Sorry about the water heater. I hate unexpected house bills. Our dryer quit a few months ago and we were going to have to buy a new one, but luckily the previous owners of our house left an old one in the basement, so we hooked it up and it worked!Granted, it groans and creaks and takes a long time to dry, but oh well!! Man I miss you!! Any fun plans for your b-day? Perhaps my little guy will come to celebrate with you ! :)

Peterson Family said...

I think that your Uncle (Scissor Sisters) and his band sounds A LOT like the Bee Gee's!! Pretty cool actually. :)

Loved all the pictures, I laughed at your little Gangsta Ryker! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute jacket!! ;)
What a fun trip! Im glad Ryker warmed up to the snow because he looks pretty pathetic in that first picture! ha! I love my nephew!