Monday, September 1, 2008

6 Adults, No kids = FUN

Well we finally pulled it off. After months of talking about it, we finally convinced all our families to watch our kids over night and let mommies and daddies have a little fun. We drove up to Roosevelt lake Friday afternoon. The girls planned lovely meals and we got up north set up camp and ate some dinner. We have no camping gear so we had to borrow some from my parents. Well my mom handed me a "2 man" tent and I grabbed some other stuff. So I didn't look at the tent bag but went we opened it up it was really a "junior" size tent,  so someone 6 ft and taller (shaun) could not even fit!!! Shaun didn't find it to funny but luckily we brought a blow up mattress so we just slept under the stars.




The next morning we woke up and got ready for some fun on the lake.  It is such a big lake so we drove around for awhile, going pretty far from our dock. Lee was the first to jump in and wakeboard, he got a few good minutes then Amanda was having a hard time starting the boat up!! Yup you guessed it, the boat was broke and we are all alone in the middle of the lake. After trying to flag someone down for awhile these nice guys in a pontoon boat towed us to the nearest dock. While Lee went to get the truck and trailer the rest of us had to man-handle the boat with ropes as we were fighting the strong wind!! Only 2 scrapped knees and one stubbed toe, we pulled the boat from the dock onto the trailer and we laughed every minute!! I had so much fun and so glad we were able to go. The weather was perfect the company was ok, just kidding SO FUN!!!!   Hope to do it again!!!


Girls, don't kill me for posting this, I totally look the worst so I'm taking one for the team!! 

6 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

I'm so glad you post regularly!!! I feel like the only one sometimes! What a fun trip. Too bad about the boat, but it sounds like you made the most of it. I've said it before, but I'll say it again... I MISS the LAKE! That's all I want to do when we move back to AZ :)

Matt and Dionne said...

How fun! All you ladies look lovely by the way! I love your modbe bathing suits! I've got the same one as the girl in the middle and my next door neighbor has the same one you have:)

Anyway, I was hoping that you could email me some craft ideas for a fall/Christmas enrichment night. I'm on the board and we are having a meeting later this week. We are supposed to bring ideas and of course, being the least crafty LDS woman EVER, I have none. You immediately came to mind:) If you have any good ones, could you email them to me please??? I would be eternally grateful!!!

Shelley Goodman said...

Is yours or Shauns back killing you today from yesterday? Casey went to the chiropractor and mine isn't too bad but it seems a little strained. Man, we are getting old.

lundgrenville said...

Cute swim suits!! Leah, where did you get yours??? so stinken cute.

Kim said...

how funny! that photo of your hubby cracks me up! looks like a good time!

Heather said...

Hey Leah, this post made me laugh out loud a few times, the tent was the best.